Sunday, October 12, 2008

6 Quirky things about me

Tagged by Steff

1. I am more like my sister Steff than anyone probably realizes, I didn't even know this until I read her quirky things. Case in point: 1. I have a slight obsession with brushing my teeth, possibly not as bad as Steff but probably abnormal. 2. LOVE salt, you guessed it I was the sister making the salt paste to eat. I don't do that still but I will eat salt straight out of the bottle and salt on grapefruit - duh! Who would EVER use sugar? 3. Love the rain, probably comes from growing up in Washington and then moving to dry Idaho. 4. I can't hold still for anything, something is always moving, especially my feet - thank you Grandma. 5. Reading is my passion, I always have at least two books going and have to steal moments throughout the day to keep my sanity. Anyway, you would almost think we were related with the similarities!

2. I can't go to sleep in an unmade bed. On those rare days when our bed doesn't get made - Chad just lays down, yanks the sheet up, throws the covers off and goes to sleep. No, no, no not me. It doesn't matter if its midnight or later I have to turn the lights on make the bed perfectly - sheets tucked in, equal amounts of comforter on both sides, pillows fluffed - then I can finally go to bed and sleep peacefully. Yes, Chad is a very patient man.

3. I have crazy peanut shaped toes. I don't know why but I am the only sister to have inherited the giant Smith family toes. I even had a friend in high school that thought my second toe, which is longer than my big toe, looked like E.T. Needless to say I didn't flaunt my feet growing up. Don't feel bad for me though I have since embraced my gangly feet and can wear sandals with the best of them.

4. While I am on my feet issues I thought I would just add one more thing. In the last 6 months my feet have grown a 1/2 size. Whose feet do that? I have been a size 8 since high school, which was a while ago, and now - BAM - they just decide to grow again? What the heck! This is Bad news because my shoes don't fit anymore but on the upside I've been able to do a little shopping!

5. I'm addicted to chapstick. I have to have it with me all the time and can't go to bed without applying it.

6. Unlike most normal parents, I love it when my 5 year old sneaks into our bed at night, and it happens almost every night. It's sad to see my kids growing up so fast so I like to hold onto moments like that as long as I can. In fact, after I get the other 3 off to school in the morning Matthew and I will often get back in bed for a little snuggling. I LOVE IT.

Are these things actually quirky or just a different version of normal? Something to think about. Hope you enjoyed and I tag Heidi, Misty, Trista and Matt

7 comments:

Matt said...

This family is creepy with their salt issues.

I hope that 'Matt' at the bottom isn't me.

Erikson Family said...

That Matt at he bottom is most definitely you. Can't wait to see what makes you tick.

trista said...

Thanks for the tag.. does this mean I have to give in and update my blog????

Tfamily said...

By now you probably have 6 more quirky things about you. Update your blog!!! :)

Dave said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dave said...

I've got my money on 1 year without a blog entry. 9 days and counting... :)

Dave said...
This comment has been removed by the author.